kde trunk on mac

Michael Buesch mbuesch at freenet.de
Wed Jul 20 19:50:33 BST 2005

Quoting Luís Pedro Coelho <luis at luispedro.org>:
> On Wednesday 20 July 2005 02:58 am, Michael Buesch wrote:
> > I wanted to get at least trunk/kdelibs compiled and running
> > natively Mac OSX. Are there already recent patches available?
> > I only found a few very outdated ones.
> > Is it ok for me to commit code fixes related to porting it to
> > the mac? I will try to avoid cluttering the code with #ifdef
> > as much as possible.
>
> Have you seen
>
> http://luispedro.org/kde-darwin/kde-cvs.php ?
>
> It is a bit out of date since two of the patches have been committed but
> everything else works.
>
> The only one missing is the cups one which should probably be solved by
> detecting correctly that apple's cups doesn't support CUPS_NO_PWD_CACHE or
> whatever. This is probably a configure.in.in or acinclude fix.

Ok, I ran into major issues. Hacking around them is one way,
but fixing them is another.
I think it should be better for me to help out in branches/work/non-x11-kde4
rather than duplicating hard work.
So I will try to install kde-x11 for my daily applications and
the non-x11 port for development.

Sorry for the noise. :)

--
Greetings, Michael