KRecentFilesAction improvement

Helge Deller deller at gmx.de
Tue Jul 19 07:17:05 BST 2005

On Monday 18 July 2005 21:52, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Monday 18 July 2005 21:39, David Faure wrote:

> > This change broke the "recent files" dialog in koffice, which shows
> > broken icons with no texts now. The reason is that it parses the
> > [RecentFiles] group itself, and treats every FileN entry as a url,
> > which it's not anymore. Behavior compatibility is as important as
> > binary compatibility :(
> >
> > Well, too late to back down now, I'll fix the parsing in koffice;
> > just something to keep in mind later: it's hard to know what exactly
> > will be broken by changing the format of a KConfig file...
>
> I'm really sorry about it. The reason I posted the patch was to get some
> feedback in case it may broke something, but aside of you nobody cared
> for a long time (more than a month between posting here and the
> commit).  Yes, I admit the commit was slightly different.

Hello Andras,

your patch broke the roaming user support (http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=105623114512050&w=2), since now the file names are not recoded with $HOME any longer, e.g.
	kwordrc:File2=$HOME/PRIVAT/Briefe/lebenslauf.doc
now became
	kwordrc:File2=lebenslauf.doc [/home/deller/PRIVAT/Briefe/lebenslauf.doc]
which is incorrect if the home directory moves...

Regards,
Helge