KDE at OpenSolaris

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Mon Jul 18 00:26:53 BST 2005

Hi.

i don't know if this is the best forum to post this, but i could not
think of a more suitable one, since the subject matter concerns KDE
developers anyway.

There is a new Desktop Community formed at Open Solaris:
http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=39

It was just set up today, so it is very incipient.

The current plan is for KDE to be a prominent member of the OS Desktop
Community (OS stands for OpenSolaris).

There have been intense discussions on this topic since Sunday, July
10th, which you can follow here (on the general opensolaris-discuss
forum):

http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/forum.jspa?forumID=13&start=0

to sort through some of the non-related stuff, just look for any
subject topic which contains the keywords "KDE, freedesktop, GNOME,
JDS, Desktop, Linux".

So, i am sending this email as an open invitation: any KDE developer
interested in joining and participating in the OS Desktop
Community/Project, is more than welcome, and should feel invited, to
do so. We would be very happy if KDE developers would be willing to
actively participate in the OS Desktop Community. Signing up is very
easy, you just have to go to http://www.opensolaris.org/, sign up and
subscribe to the mailing lists you are interested in
(opensolaris-discuss is the most active one, desktop-discuss was just
started today, so there hasn't been much activity there. Expect that
to change over the next few days). You also get some very interesting
software which you might find of interest. ;-)

If you have any questions about this, feel free to email me privately.
I have received several reports over the past year or so, that my ISP
(nyc.rr.com) sometimes blocks emails for no reason. To avoid this,
you can email me at: stefan dot teleman at gmail dot com.

Thank you, and i hope to hear from (at least some of) you soon!

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python