i18n bug?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jul 11 18:53:10 BST 2005

Can't you assume that .mo have been generated with the same gettext you are
using?

I mean:
 - why a distributuion would ship a .mo generated with a gettext that is not
the one they use?
 - why a user would use a .mo that was created with a gettext that is not the
one he has installed?

Albert

A Dilluns 11 Juliol 2005 19:41, Thiago Macieira va escriure:
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> >That means that no one is going to get correct translations of those
> > texts as all modern distributions are using >= gettext 0.14
> >
> >Could we do a configure check and use a different line given the version
> > the user has?
>
> That will not solve the problem of a .mo file created using the wrong
> version. Runtime won't change.
>
> David's point was: KDE translations must be built with gettext 0.10.35. If
> anyone is using a different version, it will be their problem to solve.

Renovamos el Correo Yahoo!
Nuevos servicios, más seguridad
http://correo.yahoo.es