RFC: addition of generic timezone support to kdelibs

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Thu Jul 7 03:35:01 BST 2005

Reinhold wrote:

>Okay. Looking at the class, what I'm missing are
>1) Finding the offset to UTC at any time (not just at the current date/time)
>2) Being able to convert a QDateTime from one KTimezone to another
>3) Ability to add custom time zones (if you get an invitation with a
>VTIMEZONE
>object, it doesn't necessarily match a time zone object that is available
>locally).

[snip, lots more useful stuff]

OK, I'm not fully sure of what I am letting myself in for (:-)), but I'll give
this a shot. I think if I can get your item 3) done, I may have something
that Jason can use too.

Let me try the refactor first, and then convert one of the other in-tree
clients, and then I'll write when I have something to report.

Thanks for all the interest.

Shaheed