RFC: addition of generic timezone support to kdelibs

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Mon Jul 4 08:51:05 BST 2005

Hi,

I just committed the first version of KTimezones to kdelibs, and ported
kicker's clock applet to use it.

As a result, I hope that non-glibc systems such as Solaris should now have
multi-timezone support for the clock, though the correct country flags won't
be shown (both the country and latitude/longitude info are missing on
Solaris). I have not actually been able to test it on Solaris, so problem (or
success) reports are welcome.

I'll write when I pick the next porting victim.

Thanks, Shaheed