Fwd: NXFish: How to integrate with KDE?

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sun Jul 3 02:28:45 BST 2005

I am forwarding this message to the list, so that some more people can
contribute their ideas.

Those of you who already have NX accounts on the OpenUsablitiy.org NX
server (you know who you are), can test the current code in action by
just typing "nxfish:/" into the URL field of Konqui.

What you will see are a few selected resources "mounted" from Fabian's
private box at home (for the purpose of this demo).

The demo shows that nxfish:/ could mount any shared and authenticated
fish resource on any internet box, from any NX session that is set up
to do so.

The main use case will of course be to transparently access resources
on your local NX client from inside your own NX sessions.

Cheers,
Kurt