RFC: addition of generic timezone support to kdelibs

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Sat Jul 2 18:10:52 BST 2005

Hi all,

I spend a lot of time talking to people in different timezones, and it
occurred to me that having good (multi-)timezone support is something that
several KDE apps could benefit from.

I was wondering if there might be interest in having kdelibs support for
timezones? My thinking is that the immediate need is for something to
abstract the OS timezone support, this could be built on in individual apps
(kclock and korganizer's agenda view come to mind), and possibly eventually
even consider centralised support in kcontrol.

If people think this is auseful idea, I'll start with a KTimezone class and
kclock.

Comments solicited.

Thanks, Shaheed