kde 3.4 (arts) Install Problems

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Jan 30 22:45:40 GMT 2005

On Sunday, 30. January 2005 23:19, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I am now trying to install arts as part of kde 3.4
>
> Arts wants pkg-config installed (why?). Ok, I did that.
>
> Now it wants glib2-2.0 installed. I already have glib2-2.4.5 installed.
> Why is that not good enough?

It is good enough. The question is rather why it doesn't detect it (perhaps
you didn't specify --with-extra-includes / --with-extra-libs properly, or
perhaps the check is b0rked and ignores those - then you'd need
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS tweaking).

> How many more surprise package requirements are going to be
> sprung on me as I keep rerunning configure?

Well, HEAD is full of surprises of that kind. Or more seriously, the
requirements page is only valid for releases (although it admittedly misses
glib2), and HEAD has changed since 3.4-beta1 - the only way to find out about
dependencies is to run configure.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org