kde 3.4 (arts) Install Problems

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Jan 30 22:23:21 GMT 2005

On Sunday 30 January 2005 17:19, Dave Feustel wrote:
> I am now trying to install arts as part of kde 3.4
>
> Arts wants pkg-config installed (why?). Ok, I did that.
>
> Now it wants glib2-2.0 installed. I already have glib2-2.4.5 installed.
> Why is that not good enough?
>
> How many more surprise package requirements are going to be
> sprung on me as I keep rerunning configure?

  Yes this is a known [and frustrating] problem, especially on non-linux.  You
can actually use an older version of arts (1.1 I think?) which doesn't have
the pkg-config and glib2 requirements, though other KDE components will still
want pkg-config at some point.  At least the glib2 requirement is relaxed.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/