KDE Search Widget

Christian Kienle christian-kienle at losg.org
Fri Jan 28 11:16:03 GMT 2005

Hi all,

one question: Did you have a look at Spotlight before talking about the
integration of a kde wide search technology/widget? Spotlight is a new
search technology from apple. It's really neat.

I have attached an image. There you see in the upper right corner a
small search field. As soon as you type something in the app
automatically starts to search and displays the results as soon as it
can. This is really nice because sometimes you don't have to type in
the whole search string you are looking for because the results are
shown before you have finished typing.

But - Spotlight is even more. Have a look at the apple website - its
described there and I really suggest to have a look at it before going
on with the discussion.

And I think that the integration of an integrated search should be
really easy for kde developers - somethink like this:

KSearchTechnology *searchIt = new KSearchsearchIt(parentWidget);

And that should it be.

Please keep that in your mind. :)

Best Regards, Christian Kienle (QtForum.org)