rotation shortcuts patch for khistorycombo

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jan 25 09:41:50 GMT 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 13:55, Felix Berger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IMO this is a trivial patch that makes sure the alternate shortcuts work too
> for rotation in the khistorycombo box. Can anyone commit this, please?

Applied, thanks.
(Do you want a CVS account? If so please follow the instructions at
http://developer.kde.org/documentation/other/developer-faq.html#q1.8 )

> This could be remedied by instantiating a KAccel object for each of the
> widgets (kcolorbutton.cpp, kcombobox.cpp, keditcl1.cpp, klineedit.cpp,
> ktextedit.cpp):

That seems like the only solution to me.

> Another solution would be to implement the concatenation of keys to
> keysequences in every keyPressEvent() method or create some kind of generic
> class that handles this somehow for us.

Hmm. I wonder what Ellis thinks :). But it would mean two implementations
of the KAccelBase/KAccelPrivate code, I'm not sure if that's a good idea.
Unless we can really reuse the existing code. But I can't seem to pinpoint
where the code does that concatenation right now... Or is done in Qt?

> I think we should do something about it, after all, we already offer multi key
> shortcuts to the users without any restrictions or caveats.

Yep...