Translation of \\foo\bar links into smb://foo/bar links

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Jan 19 14:24:06 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 10:11, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Tuesday 18 January 2005 19:25 schrieb Jason Keirstead:
> > On Tuesday 18 January 2005 2:20 pm, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > > If you want that, you might add a special hack in the file slave that
> > > redirects to smb: if it doesn't find a file.
> >
> > That seems really weird - any non-existant file will search the network?
>
> No, but those starting with \\ and being non-existant.

I tried adding it to the file-slave but that doesn't really work since local
files are stat'ed directly at various places and when the file doesn't exist
the file-slave is never reached.

I have the following patch for KRun. For Konqueror to handle URLs like this
something similar is needed in one of the uri-filters.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download