Translation of \\foo\bar links into smb://foo/bar links

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Jan 19 10:10:12 GMT 2005

El Miércoles 19 Enero 2005 10:17, Stephan Kulow escribió:
> Am Wednesday 19 January 2005 09:41 schrieb Luciano Montanaro:
> > >
> > > smb:/ should do, I think.
> >
> > Yes. I think I stated that in my first message.
> >
> > But, according to the document I linked above, the smb:// uri should do
> > the same. Instead, it shows the root filesystem.
>
> You think people read RFCs to find out what they are supposed to do in
> konqueror? :)

No, but I would really like valid uris to work, and uris to work in a
consistent way. The current behaviour is confusing, and not for the smb://
case alone.

For example, ftp:// shows the root directory. info:// says malformed url.
http:// shows the root directory, again.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root