Translation of \\foo\bar links into smb://foo/bar links

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Jan 19 08:41:46 GMT 2005

El Martes 18 Enero 2005 21:04, Martin Koller escribió:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 14:26, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > > smb:// is invalid, you need to give it a host after it.
>
> smb:/ should do, I think.

Yes. I think I stated that in my first message.

But, according to the document I linked above, the smb:// uri should do the
same. Instead, it shows the root filesystem.

Now, if this is intentional, or if the proposed RFC is outdated, there is no
problem.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from a yo-yo
                                                          - Enoch Root