KDE Search Widget

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Wed Jan 19 03:06:46 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 19 January 2005 2:56 am, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Wednesday 19 January 2005 3:51, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Here is an idea for a search widget.
>
> As Matt mentioned, this already exists in CVS.

Matt mentioned the KListViewSearchLineWidget which is tied to a KListView and
not a generic widget.  It doesn't have history, saving, or a default search
image.  KListViewSearchLineWidget for example would use KSearch and add the
KListView features.

> > So for example KMail rather then having a whole Quick Search line would
> > just have this one widget in the toolbar.
>
> That was a decision made by the KMail team.  (I made the same decision for
> JuK.)  My original patch put it in the toolbar, but I agree with the
> current placement after trying both.
>
> -Scott

I am not trying to advocate placement one way or another (let the kdeusability
team debate that fun one).  Sorry if I am coming off that way.

Many application have quick search, we should try to make them look and behave
similarly.  Using a common base widget that provides the user with a common
look and feel is a good thing to do.

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox