Toolbar Config [Was: sane defaults]

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Tue Jan 18 20:56:15 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 3:09 pm, Andreas Scherf wrote:
> > Please don't hide a useful feature that KDE has had since 1996.  And
> > especially don't do it when the toolbar configuration dialog box is so
> > unusable.
>
> Is this a hint, that the configuration dialog for the toolbar needs a
> rework ? Maybee a good task for 3.4 or 4.0 ... and yes i think the toolbar
> configartion is a little bit unhandy at the moment ...

Hehe, been thinking about it a little bit and it will be a hard thing to
rework.  The biggest obstical I see is that most actions don't have icons by
default associated with them and that most application have _so_ many actions
it is hard to display them in for example (what a lot of people would like)
an icon view.  As a minor wish myself I think it would be cool if you could
edit the text. :)

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox