sane defaults

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jan 18 22:31:19 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 17:24, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 23:17, George Staikos wrote:
>
> >   Why do that when you can hit Alt+Up?  We're talking about the mouse
> > here, not the keyboard.
>
> Ok, continuing nitpicking ;-)
>
> I'm talking about the keyboard here.
> For Alt+Up I need the left hand for the Alt-key on the left side of the
> keyboard and the right hand for the "Up". I didn't manage yet to do it with
> on ehand only.

   US keyboards have Alt on both sides, except for Mac keyboards.  In any
case, if keyboard navigation is your biggest concern, konsole is easily
accessible too.  The existence of the Up action (in the toolbar) is for mouse
use.  The icon idea is slower for mouse navigation.  If you don't like
Alt+Up, you can always rebind it to another key.

> There has been the suggestion to bind "backspace" to "go one level up".

   Which conflicts with "Delete" on Mac keyboards at least.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/