Translation of \\foo\bar links into smb://foo/bar links

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Tue Jan 18 21:07:40 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 18 January 2005 20:04, Martin Koller wrote:
> On Tuesday 18 January 2005 14:26, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > >
> > > smb:// is invalid, you need to give it a host after it.
>
> smb:/ should do, I think.

smb:/ should give...
 ... a view of the workgroups in the neighbourhood, plus
 ... a view of the other hosts in the own workgroup.

As it does here, after I removed some weird "HttpProxy=...."
and "SmbProxy=..." settings that somehow had made it into my
kioslaverc (I dont know how -- I had never opened it with an
editor before)

Cheers,
Kurt