Enhancing the colour schemes [was: Re: sane defaults (security icons)]

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Mon Jan 17 22:25:29 GMT 2005

On Monday 17 January 2005 23:09, Henrique Pinto wrote:
> Em Seg 17 Jan 2005 10:38, Olaf Schmidt escreveu:
> > No, this would not solve the problem. Some people use white text on dark
> > backgrounds for a reason: For people with a light allergy, KDE becomes
> > unusable if it is not possible to force white text on dark background,
> > because large bright areas hurt their eyes, and text within these areas
> > is not readable for them.
>
> KMail and Kate are particularly bad for this, as they tend not to follow
> the color scheme. Could predefined dark colorschemes for them be shipped
> with KDE by default? Configuring them is quite tedious...

Yes, I have a dark scheme for Kate that I'd like to add to the distribution.

Kate can't currently follow the settings, because of the amount of colors
needed.

I strongly support the idea of making a broader color scheme. Apart from kate,
other apps I use daily that needs many colors: kmail, ksirc (or any irc
client), kopete.

to cover the default styles. It's kinda hard to calculate that many in a
foreseeable way i think.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk