sane defaults

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Fri Jan 14 19:17:32 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 19:23, Olivier Goffart wrote:
> Le Vendredi 14 Janvier 2005 18:52, Adam Treat a écrit :
> > On Friday 14 January 2005 12:28 pm, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > > Mine's somewhat more spartan.  I'm rather a fan of getting things down
> > > to one toolbar by default, though I'm not sure that most would agree
> > > with trimming things down that much.
> > >
> > > http://ktown.kde.org/~wheeler/images/konq-toolbars.png
> >
> > Scott's is the best suggestion to date, IMO.  I would go even farther and
> > hide the bookmarks toolbar by default.  Then konq will be very clean and
> > those who wish to add stuff back... still can.
>
> I think the "L&ocation" label is still important.  because it let you focus
> the url bar with alt+o
>
> and what the "up" button is for ?  i personaly think it can be removed by
> default.

Anyway, I showed a konqueror allmost exactly like that (scotts suggeestion +
location label) earlier (http://alweb.dk/images/simplekonq.png) and got
nothing but jokes in return... It's a fun world. It does of cause show the
obnoxious rellinks plugin, but then that shows one important difference: the
main toolbar has a bigger icon size than the secondary one.

-anders
--
www: http://alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk