sane defaults

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen leinir at leinir.dk
Fri Jan 14 18:26:08 GMT 2005

Friday 14 January 2005 18:52 skrev Adam Treat:
> On Friday 14 January 2005 12:28 pm, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > On Friday 14 January 2005 0:51, Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> > > Afterwards Konqueror looks like this
> > > (http://www.kde-look.org/defaults/after.png) which is IMHO a much
> > > better setup for a Web Browser.
> >
> > Mine's somewhat more spartan.  I'm rather a fan of getting things down to
> > one toolbar by default, though I'm not sure that most would agree with
> > trimming things down that much.
> >
> > http://ktown.kde.org/~wheeler/images/konq-toolbars.png
>
> Scott's is the best suggestion to date, IMO.  I would go even farther and
> hide the bookmarks toolbar by default.  Then konq will be very clean and
> those who wish to add stuff back... still can.

  Absolutely, this is very much the best so far. I have been using this
( http://leinir.homeip.net/~leinir/gallery/index.php?image=pictures/konqueror-leinir.png )
for a while now, minus the icon zoom buttons, but now I've switched over to
the layout in Scott's suggestion, though with a Go button after the location
bar and Tabs set to always show. It's working surprisingly well :)
  I should like to see the Bookmarks bar stay, however... I used to not see
the point of it, but it has very much grown on me :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://www.leinir.dk

"A Vast Swimmer Keeps No Pets"