sane defaults

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri Jan 14 15:21:11 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 11:09 am, Anders Lund wrote:
> > The problem with the toolbars is not only how it looks, but I also think
> > that it should be integrated with the ordinary toolbar. For instance the
> > current up button is sort-of relational, and when a relational link is
> > available it should overload the current guesswork in up.

> On the other hand, placing the documents relational navigation mixed with
> application actions is confusing and logically flawed.

Why not put the document relations toolbar *under* the document?

I mean, I think of a site that uses document relations, as sort of a
presentation-type document. And in most presentations / slide shows, the
back / next / etc links are underneath the page, not above it.

This way there is no way it would get confused with the standard back / next.

--
If you wait by the river long enough, eventually
you will see the bodies of all your enemies float by.