sane defaults

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Fri Jan 14 13:39:49 GMT 2005

On Friday 14 January 2005 13:18, Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Am Friday 14 January 2005 14:04 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> > From what I observe in my own workplace neighbourhood, and on
> > customer sites: printing is used by many people quite regularly, too.
> > So if you remove the button, 99% of users wouldn't know how to put
> > it back. --> Lots of complaints, for sure.

> Tss, if you follow _that_ logic: 99% of users don't know how to report bugs ->
> no damage done.

But this is a typical case where users would complain with their admins
(or one of the 1% "elite") -- so in the end you'd get complaining feedback
from a fair share of the 99%...

> Actually: with the number of fundamental flaws in khtml printing, I'd be
> suprised if too many of those that don't know how to use a menu would miss
> it.

The suggestion wasnt to remove it from the menu. The suggestion was to
remove the icon from the toolbar

> Greetings, Stephan

But from your comments in your last mail I dont know wether that was
opining in favor of keeping the print icon in default Konq, or of
removing it?

Cheers,
Kurt