turning off konq extensions by default

Sébastien Laoût slaout at linux62.org
Thu Jan 13 18:42:54 GMT 2005

Le jeu 13/01/2005 à 19:17, Jason Keirstead a écrit :
> The issue with konqueror is many third party applications install Konq plugins
> which the user is not aware of. They see all these extra crazy menus and
> toolbar buttons, they don't know where they came from or what they are for ,
> or how to get rid of them.

I have an exception:

If aKregator wouldn't have installed AND activated its Konqueror plugin
I would never know it was fitted with it.

And I like the RSS integration of aKregator: it do the same as Firefox
and it's great.
It does not clutter the menus and I don't think users would want to
disable it.

Le jeu 13/01/2005 à 19:26, Matt Rogers a écrit :
> [...] The fact that the plugins ship with
> the app (and this will not always be the case in about 3 days[...]

Why Kopete plugins willn't be shiped with Kopete in 3 days?

It was just fine to install Kopete, begin to use it and browse
menus/dialogs at search of new features.
Plugins was a way to add new features easily without any other effort
(no download, nor compilation, nor installation).

--
Séb.