media:/ and distribution of system scripts within kdebase

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 13 10:03:33 GMT 2005

On Thursday 13 January 2005 08:48, Kévin Ottens wrote:
> Le Jeudi 13 Janvier 2005 02:48, Jonathan Riddell a écrit :
> > Maybe use
> >  kde-config --prefix
>
> If I'm not mistaken, kde-config is generally installed into $KDEDIR/bin ...
> I'm not sure that will help to determine $KDEDIR. :-)
Right, it doesn't help if kde-config isn't in the PATH.

My suggestion: a .in file, which configure turns into the final script, replacing
the kde bin dir with its value. I'm sure we do this already somewhere... Well we
do it for kde-config itself. But here's a better example: kdelibs/kdoctools/checkXML.in