[patch] account for font size in iconview spacing

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jan 6 02:11:00 GMT 2005

I tend to use rather large fonts on my desktop, which has never worked out all
that well -- even less so since the recent changes to the iconview grid for
KDesktop.

The main problem is that if you're using a large font (I use Arial Black 14
pt) you can't get more than 5 or 6 characters before wrapping kicks in.

I finally got annoyed with this enough to hack something into libkonq's
iconview to account for the font.  This just uses the string "0000000000" as
a reference and makes sure that you have at least enough space to fit that.

Anyone object to me committing this (after the temporary freeze)?

-Scott
--
The three chief virtues of a programmer are: laziness, impatience and hubris.
--Larry Wall