kdepim buffers patch

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Mon Jan 3 15:40:01 GMT 2005

On Monday 03 January 2005 09:15, Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> All the ical patches look ok, but there's one caveat: libical is a big
> chunk of source from elsewhere which is in an odd state of maintainership.
> Every time someone wants to patch libical, the question of whether to merge
> upstream (or to import a newer version of the upstream lib) is raised.

As far as I am concerned, we should forget upstream libical. I put of lot of
time and energy into trying to sync up, but there was insufficient interest
from the maintainers to complete the work.

Though I have since deleted my local copy of the changes, IIRC all the main
changes were fixes from us (Reinhold, mostly ;-)) to them, except for a major
rearchitecture of the way timezones were handled. We have our own solution
for that now, and it gets more testing than upstream.

Finally, the other clients of upstream showed only lukewarm interest in a
multiway sync. Its all in the archives somewhere if anyone is interested.

Thanks, Shaheed