Two weeks later: KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Sat Feb 26 18:30:01 GMT 2005

On Saturday 26 February 2005 5:31 pm, Anders Lund wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 18:03, George Staikos wrote:
> > I wish we had a multi-level tabbar though.
>
> You are kidding, right? Multilevel tabbar is about the worst GUI element
> you can come up with. A tabbar with more than 2 or 3 tabs means you should
> reconsider what you are doing.
>
> -anders

I second that.  Multilevel tab bars are evil!  Maybe not pure evil. but there
are many website, and gui interface books that use multi level tabs as *the*
example of bad ui design.

Try for the opposite approch.  Without removing any functionality can you make
it work in one screen?

-Benjamin Meyer

--
aka icefox