Two weeks later: KDE 3.4 Control Center UI Review

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Sat Feb 26 16:54:56 GMT 2005

Two weeks later, the default control center looks a whole lot better already.
Instead of 49 (62%) modules out of 79 being misformed, there are now
19 (24%) problematic modules with scrollbars left.

I hope we will be able to fix the majority of the remaining issues instead of
releasing it in this state.

Cheers,
Waldo
---------------

Background
- Still too wide.

Theme Manager
- Still too wide.

Panels
- Still too wide.
Primarily caused by "Raise when the pointer touches the screen's" + combobox.

Window Behavior
- Still slightly too high, due to Actions tab

Samba
- Still way too wide.

Style Sheets (Web Browser)
- Suggest to change "Customize" from tab into separate dialog, eliminates
tabs, gets rids of awkward reference to other tab.

Web Behavior (Web Browser)
- Still too high, too many options for one tab

Mouse
- Still too wide

Printers
- Too wide
- overall confusing UI

Remote Controls
- Annoying messagebox

Laptop Battery
- Tab-bar overcrowded
- First tab still too high

KHotKeys
- Still too wide
- overall confusing UI

Keyboard Layout
- Still too wide

Keyboard Shortcuts
- Still too wide
- "Shortcut Schemes" tab is too complex and confusing (tab in tab)

Crypto
- Still too wide
- Tab-bar overcrowded

Audio CD's