Cervisia license issues

André Wöbbeking Woebbeking at web.de
Fri Feb 25 20:45:54 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 February 2005 03:30, Ben Burton wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Currently cervisia is licensed under the QPL.  As the maintainer of
> kdesdk in debian, I am unfortunately faced with having to remove
> cervisia from the debian distribution since the QPL does not meet
> with debian's free software guidelies.  Of course this is debian's
> decision, but nevertheless it seems worth bringing up the two
> specific issues that concern us:

Sometimes I don't know if I should laugh or cry when I hear about
Debian's license "issues". If this will become too anoying people will
just switch their distribution.

BTW, about which KDE version do we talk? Is it enough if we change the
license in CVS HEAD aka KDE 4 (maybe 3.5)?

> Given these issues, is it possible to consider altering the licensing
> for cervisia in any way?  Possibilities are as follows:
>
> 2. Alternatively it might be worth considering a dual license for
> cervisia, similar to what Trolltech has done with Qt.

I'm fine with the GPL too. Do we really need/want a dual license?

Cheers,
André