Cervisia license issues

David Johnson david at usermode.org
Fri Feb 25 03:04:03 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 06:30 pm, Ben Burton wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Currently cervisia is licensed under the QPL.  As the maintainer of
> kdesdk in debian, I am unfortunately faced with having to remove
> cervisia from the debian distribution since the QPL does not meet
> with debian's free software guidelies.  Of course this is debian's
> decision, but nevertheless it seems worth bringing up the two
> specific issues that concern us:

Debian can of course do whatever they want. But it should be noted that
the QPL has been declared a Free Software license by the FSF, and
certified Open Source by the OSI (using a definition nearly identical
to the DFSG). In addition, there was no problems with the QPL for
Debian in the past, even though these same issues have been brought up
and examined repeatedly.

--
David Johnson