Known "showstoppers"?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Feb 24 22:45:18 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 February 2005 17:40, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > On Thursday 24 February 2005 23:34, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > >  3) KMail never saves a pop3 password in kwallet.
> >
> > That's worked for me for the last couple of weeks again.
>
> Storing the pop password works for me; but KMail refuses
> to accept a self-signed certificate "forever", even though
> it offers to do so. I've not yet discovered whether there's
> a workaround, although I've been looking around.

  That code hasn't changed in forever.  There are various reasons why it
happens, and IIRC, it's often due to one or more of:
1) An OpenSSL upgrade that screws up the certificate cache
2) Many other problems with the certificate (is the CN set correctly, for
instance?)

   Neither of these bugs are in the class of "Loses your data permanently",
"signficantly slows down KDE startup" or "security/privacy leak"

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/