Known "showstoppers"?

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Feb 24 19:28:46 GMT 2005

   Do we have any list of known bugs that are holding up the KDE 3.4 release,
and perhaps those with a need to commit code could be working on?  So far the
only ones I can think of at the moment are:

1)  The KMail dimap mail eating bug (which I think is very severe and must be
fixed - I've lost mail permanently about once a week to this thing in the
past month, and others have hit it in various ways too).
2) The "launch KMail automatically on startup for no apparent reason" bug
which is:
	a) very annoying
	b) a potential security and privacy threat (laptops on untrusted networks
with mail timers set)
	(Note: I haven't verified to see if this one is still present in HEAD.)

   As important:
i) Has anyone tested the KApplication QPixmap hack with pre-existing binaries
on other platforms than x86-32 Linux / gcc3?
ii) Any remaining known regressions with the file:/// changes?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/