(Solaris) Future of KDE Development

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Sat Feb 19 23:06:44 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 23:32, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> On Friday 18 February 2005 09:14, Hans Meine wrote:
> > Quoting stuff I saw so far:

<many "weird" patches>

> These patches are for Forte builds:

OK, you've heard it before -- anything that doesn't explicitly break other
stuff (as the patches Hans has examined so far do) should just be merged.

I'd suggest really trying to get KDE CVS into shape on Solaris (9) with some
specific GCC version (2.95.3, probably) so that all the header files and
largefile stuff is gone. That makes the set of Forte patches smaller, and
that in turn makes it more likely they can be merged at a later date.

I'm not going to be useful in this endeavour: we have till the 22nd,
basically, to get stuff in, and I can't compile qt because uic hangs forever
on pixmapfunctions.ui.

--
   KPilot - www.kpilot.org - HotSync Solutions for KDE