trunk/kdeedu/klettres

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Sat Feb 19 10:54:22 GMT 2005

On Saturday 19 February 2005 10:52, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Saturday 19 February 2005 03:54, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
> > SVN commit 348438 by annma:
> >
> > creating an annma branch
> >
> >  A             trunk/kdeedu/klettres/new-concept-branch   (from rev
> > 348437, trunk/kdeedu/klettres)
>
> BTW: if you do a branch in svn you better branch off the full
> repository, so that you can do have one directory to checkout where
> you want to run configure, whatever in. With cvs you could merge two
> branches in a check out, but svn this might be a bit more
> complicated.
>
> Or am I wrong here?

So how one should create a branch? I'm reading now the SVN documentation
and trying to do it (with eSVN, but it should matter).

I have a local copy of kdewebdev in kdewevdev-svn. According to the
commit mails, the changes go into trunk/kdewebdev.
Now I want to created a "test-branch". I created a "branches" directory
under kdewebdev-svn and tried to create a local branch:
svn copy kdewebdev-svn branches/test-branch -m "copied" -r HEAD
svn: 'branches' is not a working copy

Now I tried to create a branch directly on the server:
svn copy https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdewebdev
https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kdewebdev/test-branch -m "copied"
-r HEAD
svn: PROPFIND request failed on
'/home/kde/!svn/bc/348439/branches/kdewebdev'
svn: '/home/kde/!svn/bc/348439/branches/kdewebdev' path not found

Same error with:
svn copy https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/kdewebdev
https://svn.kde.org/home/kde/kdewebdev/branches/test-branch -m "copied"
-r HEAD
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/home/kde/!svn/bc/348439/kdewebdev'
svn: '/home/kde/!svn/bc/348439/kdewebdev' path not found

So how can I create a branch in the KDE repository if I want to branch
the whole kdewebdev? And if I want to branch only kdewebdev/quanta ?

Andras