Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Alexander Dymo adymo at mksat.net
Fri Feb 18 23:20:11 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 19:12, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > Stephan, is cmake one of your options or are the only options
> > > autotools, unsermake and scons ?
> > No, it's not one of my options
> Actually I would have hoped that you would at least try to evaluate it,
> instead of just dismissing it because it's not python and uses upper-case
> letters.
> Ok, so this whole discussion is basically closed. I haven't seen posts here
> pro autotools and only some pro unsermake, so we'll go with scons.
> > (and so far you seem to pretty lonely with your options).
> There have been several posts here expressing concerns with scons.

Ok, Alex, let's try out to build something with cmake. I suggest to try
with kdevelop ;) We do have our own configure checks, m4 macroses,
we do use some Makefile.am tricks. So, I think kdevelop would be the
good playground ;)
If you agree, please create a cvs branch for kdevelop module and
add cmake stuff there. I can help you answering any questions about
our build stuff. I also will write more cmake files once you show that
some part of the build tree compiles ;)

--
Alexander Dymo
ICST Department, National University of Shipbuilding, Mykolayiv, Ukraine