Announcing test svn import

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Feb 18 13:44:37 GMT 2005

On Friday 18 February 2005 14:33, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> How often is the SVN repository syched up, or is it constantly in sych?

Its not synced at all.

> If we do commits to SVN, are they also applied to the CVS tree?

No. its a playground. whatever you do there will make zero effect for any KDE
release. you can introduce security bugs, delete applications, create any
branches, import totally new stuff etc etc. just play with it. Try to compile
it, try all the stuff you usually do.

The only REAL repository is the one on cvs.kde.org, which will be used for
future KDE releases as usual.

We (the sysadmins) also use this import to see about problems, and test our
scripts which we prepared for the conversion. I'd also like to do a
performance benchmark, but currently we're lacking the hard drive space to do
that.

There are currently also no ACLs on the repository like on cvs.kde.org, but
we'll fix that shortly.

--
Dirk//\