Subversion problems

Kevin Puetz puetzk at puetzk.org
Fri Feb 18 02:14:41 GMT 2005

Arnold Krille wrote:

> On Thursday 17 February 2005 11:13, Andras Mantia wrote:
>> In this case I'd say it's not so problematic to not being able to update
>> to a date.
>
> And, as far as I understood Stephan, this issue affects only the imported
> part. Everything after the migration is also accessible by date. It is at
> least on my svn-repositories...
>
> Arnold

Not true. The problem is that svn assume it can binary-search based on date,
and if the revisions aren't such that dates are monotonic that's not
guarenteed to converge at the right point (it may find a local
maxima/minima and conclude that's the closed revision).

Of course, one could munge up the date revprops on the old versions to make
them useless but monotonic, and then it would work right for new stuff.