Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Stanislav Karchebny berk at upnet.ru
Thu Feb 17 23:38:52 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 00:21, Guillaume Laurent wrote:

> I can't spend much more than 12 hours a week on Rosegarden. So believe me,
> the last thing I want to do is "fight the buildsystem", and if scons had
> given me any serious trouble, I'd have thrown the whole thing away faster
> than you can spell 'automake'.

By the way, how do you set it up for cross-compiling, eh? I haven't found a
bit of it on the net, guys at #scons were unable to help and setting CC
manually is tended to be ignored either from command line or from Env setting
in SConstruct. Maybe I tried not too hard enough, I admit, but that was
enough to get me switched back to autohell/Makefiles.

--
keep in touch. berkus.

Roey on #kde-devel: when I hear best of breed I tune out--it's too much a
buzzword. What I carry between my legs is best of breed. And like KDE, just
because it's less visible doesn't mean it gets less usage.