HIG (Future of KDE Development)

Richard Moore richmoore44 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 21:20:07 GMT 2005

Ok - rather than talk in the abstract I'll present two different use
cases, and if IDEAL can support them both then there's no problem
(assuming I don't need to click 10 million things to configure it so
that these happen).

1. I use paintshop pro a lot. I frequently need to have a large number
of images visible at the same time either to compare them, or because
I'm using them to edit fragments of images that I stick together later
to make a single image. In this example having lots of pseudo-toplevel
widgets inside the app makes a lot of sense and is very easy to use.

2. I frequently use ksirc to have several different chat channels
open. I want each to use the full space allocated to the window and I
want to be able to switch between them quickly.

Cheers

Rich.