HIG (Future of KDE Development)

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 18:35:22 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 18:59, Richard Moore wrote:
> Personally, I don't like IDEAL and do like tabbed MDI. However for

Where is actually the big difference between IDEAL and tabbed ? Both have a
big main content widget, and a number of tabs/toolviews/bars around them. In
IDEAL the tabs can slide in and out, but can also be made sticky.
So, where's the difference which couldn't be overcome for KDE 4 ?
I think too that for some apps top level window MDI can be useful
(-> which would leave two MDI modes).

Bye
Alex