Future of KDE Development

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Thu Feb 17 14:58:16 GMT 2005

On Thursday, 17. February 2005 14:50, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Thursday 17 February 2005 14:38 schrieb Stefan Teleman:
> > What i am trying to say is: given the fact that the primary
> > development OS is Linux, and that there are also FreeBSD and Solaris
> > KDE sites: in case i need to patch something for Solaris, but it
> > won't work on Linux, or FreeBSD: can we work together and find a
> > common solution, in these tricky cases ? i am very much aware that in
> > certain cases, that won't be possible, and in certain other cases
> > that won't even be necessary (for example, memory_solaris.cpp).
>
> And you're saying so far we always rejected any kind of help to port
> KDE to FreeBSD and Solaris?

I guess it can be kinda hard to push compatibility fixes (like additional
configure-checks, #ifdefs in code, etc etc) into KDE if you don't have a CVS
account or can't spam somebody who does with patches on an almost 24/7-basis
(like I do with adridg :). But then, my impression is that KDE isn't that
picky in handing out commit-bits, so perhaps you should just ask, Stefan
(T.)? You're the Solaris packager dude after all.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org