Subversion problems

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 13:45:45 GMT 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:15:25PM +0100, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Thursday 17 February 2005 13:57 schrieb Oswald Buddenhagen:
> > 1) just import the shit from cvs literally. this is simple, but creates
> > "ghost files" in old checkouts; most of them don't even compile for this
> > reason.
> ghost files? I don't see what you mean.

try "cvs up -D 2000-10-01 kdm" and compare with a tar-ball from that
time (2.0) ...

> > 3) make cvs2svn find and import "moves". implementing this is cvs2svn
> > issue #1. i think if somebody (let's call him coolo ;) motivated and
> And now let's assume for a second there is a real world.

have you read my bug report (yes, indeed, it's mine)? the basic ideas are
described. with some understanding of how cvs2svn works (they have
enough docu to get a grasp pretty fast), this is nothing that takes
weeks to implement. given the total effort of this migration, it should
be pretty acceptable.