Subversion problems

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 13:15:12 GMT 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:06:49PM +0100, David Faure wrote:
> > how do we proceed about migrating our cvs "moves"?
> > 1) just import the shit from cvs literally. this is simple, but
> > creates "ghost files" in old checkouts; most of them don't even
> > compile for this reason.
>
> Why should it create ghost files in old checkouts? Whenever we move
> something in CVS, we remove all tags from the copied files, in order
> to prevent them from appearing in old checkouts.

i'm not sure, but i have the strong suspicion that this does not work
with svn. a tag is just a name for a revision. you can't just take out
files from a revision. maybe cvs2svn creates extra branches with the
relevant files deleted. or it just breaks down completely ...
apart from that, this does not work when referencing by date. i always
hated this.