Future of KDE Development

Stefan Teleman steleman at nyc.rr.com
Thu Feb 17 13:01:46 GMT 2005

On Wednesday 16 February 2005 07:53, Frerich Raabe wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 February 2005 01:46, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> > On Monday 14 February 2005 10:07, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Would it be possible, for KDE4, to try to find a common ground
> > between the primary development OS and those other OS's which
> > sometimes disagree with the primary OS, but not necessarily in a
> > mutually exclusive manner ?
>
> I'm not sure I get this right. Is that a complicated way of saying
> 'KDE should work better with platforms other than Linux'?
>
> - Frerich

No.

KDE works very well on some "platforms other than Linux". Something
you may or may not be aware of.

It means accepting patches for these "platforms other than Linux", and
when Linux and these other platforms disagree, or are incompatible,
trying to find, and being open to, an implementation which works on
either, without the need for additional source code patches.

This would greatly reduce the amount of source code patches necessary
to build KDE on other platforms. I think you know what platforms i am
referring to.

--Stefan

steleman at nyc.rr.com                          -Monty Python