Subversion problems

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 10:52:22 GMT 2005

Am Thursday 17 February 2005 11:42 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> Hmm... hold on for a minute. I've just got an idea: symlinks
>
> Does this solve our problems?
I think it's good. Again a missing feature of cvs we worked around and now
found a solution without mapping the work around ;)

> >Now I would like to have some input on the problems we face. Would you
> > prefer to not loose the date<->revision mapping or doesn't it matter?
>
> I think losing the full functionality forever is not interesting. If it's
> just for the imported repository, I'd say it's ok. And it is preferrable
> to have several shorter downtimes, IMHO.
>
> Now, if we take the step-by-step solution, we have to take care about
> branches being changed in both Subversion and CVS. It isn't a good idea
> to rename the branches in Subversion, then cvs2svn more data into them.
>
> (Look at our current /branches/KDE* to see what I mean)
Right, but I'm already having a script to map the paths cvs2svn created and
I can add more to it. So this is the least of our problems I guess. But in general
you're right, that the general cleanup speaks for a short period of moving too.

Greetings, Stephan