Subversion problems

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 09:21:12 GMT 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 10:10, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Now I would like to have some input on the problems we face. Would you
> prefer to not loose the date<->revision mapping or doesn't it matter?

Occasionally checking out by date is useful, mostly on HEAD, like with the
recent KHTML problems where 'cvs up -D'two days ago'' helped. It's not
entirely clear from your mail if that would be possible in the future or not.

On the one hand I read the mail as if it's not possible for the migrated code,
and new code is unaffected, but the phrase "... and possibly never will be"
scares me a bit.

Could you elaborate whether this affects only imported code or also future
code?

If only imported, then it's unfortunate, but I for one could live. If also
future code then I don't think it's a good idea at all.

--
Martijn