KexiDB versus QtSQL

Sebastian Sauer mail at dipe.org
Wed Feb 16 02:10:03 GMT 2005

Hi Harald,

>> For all readers of "sqlite in kdelibs" thread.
>> Here you have promised analysis on the topic:
>>
>> http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?KexiDB%20versus%20QtSQL
>
> I'm still not getting why KexiDB isn't using Qt SQL internally. We
> expose all the handles, so you can extend it however you like without a
> huge repetition of work.

I guess QtSQL doesn't spend enough/the needed functionality. See
http://www.kexi-project.org/wiki/wikiview/index.php?CurrentTasks_mart for
some more input regarding the imho better way; point 5.1: "If you really
want, QtSQL drivers can be wrapped to be KexiDB compatible."
So, it should be possible, just a matter of time. btw, I assume any help on
this would be great (hint :-)

--
Sebastian Sauer aka dipesh[sebsauer]
http://www.dipe.org/public_key.asc