Build system (was Re: Future of KDE Development)

Christoph Cullmann cullmann at babylon2k.de
Tue Feb 15 17:47:07 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 15 February 2005 17:11, mETz wrote:
> Ugh, I don't want to learn _any_ new language. all I want is set a few vars
> and be done (i.e. like Makefile.am or qmake projects work right now) and
> I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one with this opinion. Coding C++ is
> complex enough, don't make it even more confusing with weird
> script-languages like perl or python.
I don't think settings some vars in a sane language like python will hurt more
than using some seldom other config language, and normal makefiles won't
contain much more python logic, or? and more difficult makefiles will still
be consistent to write, without many different dialects for makefiles, config
checks, ....

cu
Christoph

--
Christoph Cullmann
KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann at kde.org